Sponsored post – while I was compensated for my time and recipe, all opinions are my own.
Hot and spicy bbq sauce, melted cheese and shredded chicken make my Slow Cooker Spicy BBQ Chicken Quesadillas a household hit!
In a chicken rut? If you are having a get together, summer party or the kids are having a sleepover – quesadillas always hit the spot. Head Country makes a Hot and Spicy Bar-B-Q sauce that is perfect for the slow cooker and some boneless, skinless chicken. Throw on high if you have a last minute shindig, or let it go low and slow if you are making it for after work/school. You can get to fix it and forget it! Either way the tasty is tangy, with a bit of heat and spice, but nothing too crazy that the whole family won’t love. And cheese, I mean come on! The cheesier the better I always say (for both food and jokes). Add mushrooms, red onions and a pinch of garlic to load them up even more.Tonight calls for quick, easy and delicious - Slow Cooker Spicy BBQ Chicken Quesadillas with… Click To Tweet
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Half a jar of Head Country Hot and Spicy Bar-B-Q Sauce
- 1 T cilantro, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped (I used a pepper blend, red/yellow/green)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- Top with bar-b-q sauce, cover and cook (4 hours on high, 6-8 hours on low).
- Once cooked, shredded chicken in a medium size bowl.
- Add cilantro, pepper and onion and mix well.
- Turn a grill pan or stove safe pan on medium high heat.
- Place handful of cheese on bottom of tortillas, add chicken mixture and add another handful of cheese.
- Cook on both sides until brown and cheese is melted (about 2 mins each side).
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Try out my easy recipe, you won’t be disappointed! Head over to Head Country for more products and recipe ideas.