Sponsored post – while I was compensated for my time, recipe, photos and ideas are all my own.
Delicious and healthy, switch up your wrap game with my Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Lettuce Wraps!A little spice is nice! Try my Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Lettuce Wraps, made with delicious… Click To Tweet
Have some shrimp you need to use up and are tired of the heavy pastas and stir-fry? Lettuce wraps are a great way to use up that shrimp, make a great tasting meal (quick and easy) that the whole family will love. Place all the garnishes and ingredients in little bowls so everyone can mix and match their own and you have lunch or dinner that the whole family helped with! The heat and spices in the Head Country High Plains Heat are just enough to give this dish a kick, but nothing that you can’t handle. Shrimp and heat go together like peas and carrots. Or peanut butter and jelly. Or ham and cheese – well you get the idea….
This recipe works great with chicken as well, or do a combo and live on the edge!
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 T Head Country Bar-B-Q High Plains Heat Seasoning
- Red leaf lettuce (enough for four wraps)
- 1 carrot, shredded (can also use cole slaw)
- Handful of cilantro chopped (about 1 ½ T)
- 1 sliced jalapeno
- Half of a lime
- Preheat grill pan/cast iron pan/pan on medium high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of shrimp.
- Add to pan and cook on both sides, about a minute each.
- Place lettuce on a plate and top with shrimp and remaining ingredients, juicing the top of each wrap with some lime.
- Leftover shrimp can be stored in the fridge for two more days.
- Additional toppings – chopped red pepper, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, or Serrano pepper for more heat.