For a quick and easy snack or appetizer, try my Apple Ricotta Flatbread – it’s Fall on a platter!
Sometimes you have to try and think (eat) outside the box. I can be a very picky eater, but I am trying to expand my foodie horizons so to speak. So when this idea started floating in my head – a flatbread, topped with ricotta, apples and almonds, finished with a drizzle with honey, I had to give it a try. Great as a snack, perfect for a quick and easy appetizer when friends come over.
Add parsley for some green color, or grill the flatbread for a smoky flavor to accent the sweet/tart apples – give it that personal touch that all food should have.Try Apple Ricotta Flatbread for a quick and tasty appetizer - #recipe on bakesinslippers.com #apple… Click To Tweet
- 1 can of your favorite refrigerated pizza dough or one pre-baked flatbread
- 2 crisp apples (I used Granny Smith, Gala or Fiji would work well)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 T honey
- Bake pizza crust according to package instructions or heat up pre-baked flatbread for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While crust/flatbread is baking, slice apples and toss with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl mix ricotta cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Once flatbread is baked, spread ricotta mixture evenly over crust.
- Top with apples in three even rows.
- Sprinkle onions on top of apples
- Top with almonds and drizzle with honey.
- Add more lemon zest if desired.