*Sponsored post – while I was compensated for my recipe, all thoughts and recipes are my own.
Peanut Butter and Jelly. Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Spaghetti and meatballs. All delicious combinations that we know and love – a slightly lesser known culinary duo that work well together is chocolate and cherries. The tartness of a cherry, along with the sweet bite of chocolate work so perfectly together, you would think they had been married for fifty years!Celebrate National Chocolate Day with my Chocolate and Cherry Cookie Bowls and Kroger!… Click To Tweet
August 4th celebrates National Chocolate Day, so this recipe is a great way to celebrate such a glorious occasion. This recipe makes four fun little bowls of awesomeness, so if you need more for family and friends, just double the recipe and you will be golden. Great for a small after dinner delight, or a pick me up from a long day running errands/working/adulting. Using affordable and easy to find Baker’s ingredients, my Chocolate and Cherry Cookie Bowls come together quickly and are out of the oven in less than 30 minutes! Happy celebrating, be it National Chocolate Day or just a plain old Wednesday evening when you need something sweet to wrap up the day.
- 4 T Kroger unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp Kroger pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup Kroger all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup Kroger semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter 4 small ramekins.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, mix together melted butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla, stir to combine.
- In a small bowl combine baking soda, salt and flour and fold into butter mixture.
- Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Divide into four ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, until top is set but still soft.
- Serve with ice cream if feeling sassy!