Sponsored post – while I was compensated for this recipe, all thoughts are my own.
Chicken wings meet Smucker’s Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread – you two are going to be bffs.
I am all about new stuff. Shiny new shoes, a great new bag, new products. When Smucker’s asked me if I wanted to work with one of their new fruit spreads, I was excited and definitely up for the challenge. I wanted to use this product in a way that was both simple and easy, where the new married flavors would come alive – I present to you Slow Cooker Strawberry Jalapeno Chicken Wings! The sweetness of strawberries, paired with the tang of jalapeno marries this flavor combo with divine deliciousness.
This recipe cannot be easier – with only five ingredients and your slow cooker, you will have dinner ready when you get home from work. And who doesn’t love a meal you can put together after a long day at the office, on the soccer field, or running errands? Bonus – no heating up the kitchen! That is a blessing no matter what time of year it is.
- 2-4 pounds chicken wings
- 1 jar Smucker's Fruit and Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- Place chicken wings in your slow cooker and set aside.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, heat fruit spread and soy sauce until reduced, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce over chicken wings and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Place in bowls and top with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.
- Leftovers can be kept refrigerated for three days.
Throw together a quick salad, or add some crunchy chips to the mix and life is pretty solid. Simple yet delicious, the Bakes In Slippers way of cooking….