Chocolate chunks, cocoa powder and ripe bananas make this decadent one bowl dessert perfect for any night of the week. Chocolate Chocolate Banana Bread – because you should!
Back to school. Three little words that bring excitement and stress to parents and kids alike. I was at Target the other day and I saw that look on a lot of faces – sheer terror that school is starting back up and not one notebook/pencil/lunchbox has been purchased, and we have two days to get it all completed. Cleats need to be found, snack schedules have to be coordinated, and dinnertime might just be the bane of all existence. My child is in college, so it’s a little easier for me to deal with BTS, but if I see you with that look at the store, I will share a sympathetic smile and point towards the wine aisle.
Another thing that helps – chocolate. How about Chocolate Chocolate Banana Bread? We all have some ripe bananas we forgot about, and instead of tossing them, add some chocolate chunks and eat a slice or two at the kitchen sink while you try and remember where you left your sanity. Or maybe you are that parent that has it all under control and just want something fun to serve after dinner or as a snack. And if you are that parent, can you help the rest of us, because I know I spent many a night just trying to survive it all!
My Chocolate Chocolate Banana Bread is a one bowl baking deal, so less dishes to clean up, you can have the kids help (unless you need that 30 minutes to yourself) and you can get something else done while it bakes.
Good luck guys, you got this!Chocolate Chocolate Banana Bread - one bowl recipe, simple yet delicious! Click To Tweet
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder (measured pre-sift)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray and line a loaf pan with nonstick spray and parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas.
- Add butter, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs and whisk until combined.
- Add salt, baking soda, flour and sifted cocoa powder to mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Pour into prepared pan and place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean (some chocolate might stick, that's totally fine)
- Let cool for 15 minutes, slice and serve.
- Cover leftovers tightly and keep for up to three days.
- Can be frozen for a month. Bring to room temp and serve.