Sponsored post – while I was compensated for this post, all opinions are that of my own.
Delicious takeout food at home, letting the slow cooker do all the work. My Easy Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken makes back to school cooking a class act!
My daughter went back to college a few weeks ago, this time in her first apartment, not the sorority house or dorm. The reality of back to school, paying actual utilities and cooking on her own hit her hard. You know all those things we adults have been doing for years. So one of the things she asked me to do was to make a binder of recipes (from my blog and other favorites) that she could cook with her roommates quick and easy. I have to say this brought me much pride, that she trusted my judgement and my recipes, a “hobby” that many people think isn’t a real thing.
One that I came up with recently was a slow cooker version of a Chinese take-out favorite – Easy Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken. The great taste of takeaway without the expense, and it can cook while you are in class (or at work) and you get to come home and have a great meal. With simple ingredients, all available at your local grocery store, you won’t break the bank or get boggled down with complicated instructions.
Maybe the next time M comes home from school she can make me something to eat!Takeout at home! Easy Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken #chicken #recipe #dinner Click To Tweet
- 1 1/2 pounds Kroger frozen chicken tenders
- 1 can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated or ground ginger
- 1lb packed of frozen stir fry vegetables or Asian blend
- 1 can drained sliced mushrooms (fresh will brown too much in slow cooker)
- 3/4 cup cashews
- Jasmine rice
- In your slow cooker combine all but the last two ingredients and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours - cut the time in half if cooking on high.
- Cook rice as instructed on package.
- Add cashews, serve over rice.
- Leftovers can be kept in fridge for up to three days.
- Cool to room temp and freeze for one month.