When having guests over, you want to make sure you have something for them to snack on while dinner is being prepared -my roasted spicy chickpeas with lemon aioli will do just the trick. You can buy already cooked chickpeas and just roast them if that works better for your busy schedule.
- 12 oz dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans) cooked and drained as directed, or two drained cans of chickpeas
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 T cumin
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- a good pinch of coarse sea salt
- Aioli: ½ cup mayo
- zest of one medium lemon
- 1 tsp djion mustard
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, drizzling oil on pan and placing in the oven while it preheats
- Combine cumin, cayenne pepper and sea salt in a bowl and mix with chickpeas
- Place on hot baking sheet and cook until crispy 10-12 minutes
- Place on serving dish and serve with lemon aioli (see below)
- For aioli, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and serve with your spicy chickpeas!
Shout out to Trisha from The Lazy Mom’s Cooking Blog for suggesting the aioli to accompany the appetizer!