Packed with flavor, my Vegetarian Tex-Mex Pizzas are great for lunch, dinner or a quick appetizer when the crew comes over!
Pizza is my favorite food, hands down. There is never an occasion that pizza is not an appropriate food to serve. I love it so much, and wanted a new way to make it. While this is the vegetarian version, you can add some taco meat, pulled pork or chicken to “beef” it up if that is more your style. Top my Vegetarian Tex-Mex pizzas with avocado, sour cream, guacamole, or your homemade salsa to make it your own. Whole wheat tortillas work just as well, and make it even more healthy. Let the kids help make them – set up a pizza bar and let everyone top their own (a great way to have fun in the kitchen!)
Also makes a great appetizer for slumber parties, game night, housewarmings and potlucks.Make any night pizza night with Vegetarian Tex-Mex pizzas from bakesinslippers! #pizza #dinner… Click To Tweet
On Snapchat? If you want to hear rants, see random outings and lots of food/drinks, come follow me (bakesinslippers)
What is your favorite pizza? Leave a comment and let me know what toppings rule the pizza game in your house!
- 4 tortillas
- 1 can refried beans (I used fat-free)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 can kidney beans (can also use black)
- 1 1/3 cup Mexican style shredded cheese
- Can of your favorite salsa
- 2 cup shredded lettuce (I used romaine)
- 1 avocado diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Place tortillas on two large baking sheets and set aside.
- In a bowl combine refried beans, chili powder and cumin and spread on tortillas.
- Top with beans and cheese.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp.
- Top with salsa, lettuce and avocado.
- Add a little fresh lime juice on top.