What’s for dinner? It’s the question that gets asked almost every night. Well tonight it’s Quick and Easy Chicken Parmesan!Dinner tonight is Quick and Easy Chicken Parmesan from Bakesinslippers! #dinner #chicken Click To Tweet
Chicken is one of the most versatile ingredients to work with. You can bake it, fry it, roast it, bbq it and still find a dozen other ways to prepare it. Traditionalists beware, this is not your grandma’s Chicken Parmesan – this is the quick and easy Chicken Parmesan that can be made any day of the week. I find if I make a pan on a Sunday, I have leftovers for lunch or dinner during the week when life is hectic. Feel free to keep the chicken whole if you prefer, I just like the bite size chunks for quicker cooking and easy eating. I found a great Parmesan and garlic cheese blend that elevates this dish with even more flavor. Use store-bought spaghetti sauce, or your homemade version and you will have a delicious dish the whole family will love (especially if the kids get to sprinkle extra cheese on top right before it hits the oven!). Double the recipe and serve at game night – then you can kick butt at both Jenga and dinner!
Can there ever be enough cheese??
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken cut into bite size chunks
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan and garlic cheese blend (use regular Parm and add 1/4 tsp garlic powder if you can't find the blend)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup flour
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan blend
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 9 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Season chicken chunks with salt and pepper.
- Mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan, paprika, and more salt and pepper to taste in a medium dish.
- Working in small batches, dredge chicken in flour, than eggs, than breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat.
- Add 4-5 pieces of seasoned chicken to heated oil, cooking on each side for 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Layer chicken in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Add half the cheese on top of the chicken.
- Pour sauce on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese (mozzarella and Parmesan blend)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- While chicken is baking, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Serve chicken Parmesan over spaghetti and serve with a salad or french bread.
- Leftovers can be cooled to room temp and placed in fridge for up to three days or frozen for two months.