*While this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.
When deciding what to make for my Plugra Gourmet Club Dinner Party, I knew I wanted to go with something simple, yet delicious (the Bakes in Slippers motto). For an appetizer you want food that is easy to prep, taste delicious, and has your guests looking forward to the main course. With that in mind I made Garlic Butter Shrimp. Just like the recipe name says, you use lots of garlic and butter – add some parsley & wine and you have an appetizer that welcomes your guests in style!
Perfect #appetizer for your next dinner party - Garlic Butter Shrimp by Bakes In Slippers made with… Click To Tweet
Garlic Butter Shrimp
Author: Bakes In Slippers
- ½ cup butter, divided (Plugra unsalted)
- 1½ lb peeled, large raw shrimp
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- ½ cup dry white wine (use wine that you would drink)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- French bread baguette, grilled or warmed up and cut into slices easy to hold
- Melt 2 T butter in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add shrimp, and sautée for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, careful not to overcook
- Remove shrimp from skillet
- Add garlic to skillet, and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add wine and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly
- Add salt and pepper
- Whisk in remaining butter 1 T at a time, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add parsley and cooked shrimp
- Toss together to coat
- Serve with grilled French bread slices