Flaky pie crust and an oatmeal filling make my Maple Oatmeal Pie a must-have dessert!
Pie is one of my favorite things to make. When you make something to share with others, you give a piece of yourself – Maple Oatmeal Pie is no different. Homemade crust, oatmeal, cinnamon and maple syrup give this pie depth and body. You will be asked to bring this to all the parties, and it will be easy to whip up at the last minute. Having a bottle of good maple syrup in the house is recommended, that way you are ready to shine anytime! With the seasons changing and the weather hopefully cooling down soon, this pie is great for those last minute picnics or holiday occasions.
If you are in a hurry use a ready-made crust. If you have an hour, make my pie crust recipe – you will not be disappointed. And have no fear, even the most inexperienced baker can make this crust with no difficulty!Maple Oatmeal Pie - yum! Recipe on bakesinslippers.com Click To Tweet
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 T all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter (Plugra)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pie dough in a 9 inch pie pan and flute edges.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, eggs, salt, cinnamon and flour and mix well.
- Whisk in butter, both syrups, oats and vanilla until well combined.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on top and bake for 50-65 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool for 15 minutes and serve.
- Leftovers can be wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated for three more days.