Sometimes you want pizza on the fly, and if you have a few key ingredients in the house, you can have it on the table in about an hour, start to finish. My quick no rise pizza dough has seasonings in the dough for that extra bam! of flavor. I suggest preheating the oven when you start the dough, at about 475-500 degrees. A hot oven makes for a crisp and quick pizza. I placed my cast iron skillet in the oven while it preheats to get it nice and hot. Watch your pizza closely while baking, as the high heat will cook it quickly. You could also throw this on the grill in the cast iron skillet or a grill safe pizza pan.
This recipe will make one large pizza or up to three small/individual pizzas. You can freeze any leftover dough already shaped into pizza crusts or as one big piece of dough in a freezer proof bag or container for up to six months. Just thaw out before cooking. Top with your favorite toppings, and it can be pizza night any night of the week. Need some pizza recipes? I have you covered here and here.
- One packet of active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water about 100 degrees
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2½ cups flour (bread or all purpose, whole wheat would work as well)
- 2 tsp pizza seasoning
- 2 T olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Place yeast, water and sugar into a stand mixer bowl attached with the dough hook and let proof for 10 minutes
- Put mixer on low speed, adding remaining ingredients and let rest for 10 minutes once dough comes together
- Top with your favorite toppings (I always add a bit more pizza seasoning and drizzle some olive oil on top right before cooking. Cook until done to desired brownness. Eat and enjoy!