#sponsored post-while I was given product to develop a recipe, all opinions are my own.
You read it right-turkey burger biscuits and gravy. You take the amazing traditional biscuits and gravy, and substitute sausage for the lighter, leaner meat of a turkey burger. With the holidays coming and needing meals to feed the family, friends, and guests that come over, why not have a hearty brunch of turkey burger biscuits and gravy? You can make extra biscuits to smear some jam on, and hunker down for the day in the house, full house and full belly.
Batch of my wooden spoon buttermilk biscuits
Southern country gravy:
- 5 T unsalted butter
- 5 T all purpose flour (made need more to thicken)
- ½-1 T kosher salt
- ½ T black pepper
- 2½ cups-3 cups whole milk
- Melt butter in saucepan on medium high heat
- Turning heat down to medium, add flour, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth
- Whisk in 2½ cups of milk into saucepan, whisking until thick (may add another tablespoon of flour and rest of milk if needed to thicken or thin out)
To heat turkey burgers:
Break 2-3 turkey burgers (for 4 servings) into bite sized pieces and heat on medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees.
In a serving dish or big cast iron skillet, line biscuits in the bottom, next adding turkey burgers and then gravy. Add more salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm.